Happy Thanksgiving to all of those who live south of the border! Please enjoy lots of turkey for me, and stuffing, and cranberry sauce…oh and apple pie. I love apple pie. I cannot stand pumpkin anything, unless I am carving or painting one for Hallowe’en.
Anyway, even though I don’t think you need one day a year to be thankful (because you should be thankful and grateful EVERY DAY), I thought I’d just take this opportunity to give a little thanks of my own, even though Canadian Thanksgiving was last month.
Things I Am Thankful For
- My family – my parents, brothers, sisters in law, brothers in law, aunts, uncles, cousins, extended family, honourary family, etc. I have a fabulous family and support system and wouldn’t be who I am today without them
- My husband – he puts up with all of my crap, and craziness, and supports my yearly new adventures, and let me have 2 dogs even though my dog is a trouble maker (but his dog still pees on the floor. So there). I couldn’t be where I am in life today without him and I couldn’t imagine life any other way. Love you Shawn!
- My dogs and cats, even though the dogs are driving me up the wall right now and flipping cushions off the couch. Way to go, guys
- My health – I may have GI issues, I may have random pains and aches that won’t go away, but overall I really have nothing to complain about. I can lift heavy and run long and far and what more could I ask for?
- My job – I can’t imagine being anything else or doing anything else. I love what I do and where it can take me.
- My country – I love it here and really truly can’t ever imagine living anywhere else, as messed up as our government can be
Now for a few more frivolous things I am thankful for:
- Knee socks. They are cute, and they keep my legs warm at the gym and when I am running
- Candy canes. I know I talk about them a lot but they are delicious and the chocolate mint ones are fantabulous.
- Gluten free bread and pasta – so I can feel a little bit more normal
- Pizza. How could you not be thankful for pizza???
I think as part of this blog I will try to do a “what I am grateful for” blurb on every post, just because, as I said before, we should be thankful and grateful every day of our lives.
Happy Thanksgiving, happy Thursday, happy 2011. I wish you all nothing but the best that life can offer you!