1. These individual oatmeal bakes from Sugar Free Mom. When I made the recipe I ended up with way more than she did, plus I added cranberries to the batter. But these are fabulous and filling, especially warmed with a bit of maple syrup. Divine.
2. My new Run:Pacesetter Skirt from Lululemon. I’ve wanted a running skirt for a while, just because they are so cute. This is the one I got (please excuse my fantastic iPhone photo and wicked lighting. I swear I do know how to take pictures)
I wore this skirt combined with the Cool racerback tank to CrossFit on Wednesday. It was fun to clean and jerk 90lbs wearing pink and a skirt (and my silver sparkle BIC Band). Who says you can’t look cute while lifting weights?
3. Running! I don’t think I’m going to make it out for my second run this week, I probably ran a little harder than I should have on Tuesday and I’m afraid to hurt myself by pushing for a second day. Or I’m a wimp. Either way, it was so awesome to slap on my Garmin and actually get out and do a real running workout. Yay running!
4. We have mourning doves that are living on our porch. They pirated a nest that other birds had built but never used last year. The Mrs bird is always in the nest, while her Mr comes and goes, bringing her food and company, I guess. I named them Pierre and Margaret Trudeau, and this joke is probably only funny to Canadians, and probably then only to people who remember anything about politics from high school. And clearly I need to learn to write in less run-on sentences.
5. Fringe. Fringe is one of my favourite shows of all time. Yes I realize this makes me a science fiction nerd, but that is a whole other post in and of itself. There is a huge social media campaign happening by the show’s fans to bring attention to the popularity of the show to Fox Broadcasting, and so far it seems to be working. Last week the hashtag on Twitter was #WhereYouBelong, and Fox even got on board and displayed the hastag during the episode. This week the hastag is #ChangeYourWorld. Watch for it on Twitter and, if you can or want to, please RT and help support this undervalued, awesome show. The world needs more Fringe, and way less reality TV. Check out Fringenuity for more information on the current campaign.
Have a great Friday and an even better weekend! See ya next week!